Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Korean

I've been getting a few questions about whether I am Asian and if so, what kind. Your deepest, darkest fears are confirmed. I'm Asian. More specifically, I am Korean.
The "problem" is that when people see me, they expect a certain thing, especially in the bedroom.


It's true that I am definitely Korean, ethnically, but I am mostly American. I was born in the US, and I grew up pretty blue collar... which is something a lot of people can't fathom.
That's okay. I'm fine with that, because then I can freak people out when I scream "Free Bird!" at concerts for fun, and they see I am terrible at math, but great at driving.
As for sex? The Asian Girl falls into 2 categories: wild, daddy-issues sexpot OR submissive geisha lady.
I have been "into" spanking for as long as I can remember, and back when I had those free AOL CDs, I would type "spanking" into search engines and chat rooms, to see if I was normal. When I was a teenager, I was able to watch a few spanking trailers, read a few spanking stories... and then one day, the Internet exploded. And a few spanking sites became... MANY spanking sites.
But still, it was mostly white people enjoying their white people spankings. Of course, I identified more as a "white" person, or at least Americanized... so I didn't have a problem with this. Then one day, years and years later, I stumbled across spankingtube.com, and lo and behold, there was a Korean video.

MIND COMPLETELY BLOWN.

I guess it's hard to explain... I always felt more American, but I also knew that people don't immediately perceive me this way. So I would sit at night, wondering how I could be interested in spanking when I have never heard of any Koreans being "into" it, wondering if I was the only Korean girl in the world.
Now that I know it's not as uncommon in the Asian world... I am both relieved and also conflicted.

I hate the notion of non-Asian men liking me or being interested in me just because I am Asian and they think I will be a purring little kitty who loooooves to give massages. And I also hate the idea that I will find a spanko who wants to spank me because he thinks I'll be a real-life bad Sailor Moon school girl.

YES- I am submissive. But not because I am Asian.

I don't care to be in a relationship with a very culturally Korean man, but at the same time, I wonder what it would be like to talk about it with him. As white as I think I am... I guess I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment